Monday, September 16, 2013

Signing @ Stadium Comics, Wednesday Sept. 18th



This Wednesday I'll be appearing at Stadium Comics in Brampton for the release of Executive Assistant Iris #1 from Aspen Comics.

I illustrated an incentive variant for the title that is exclusive only to Stadium Comics.

Be sure to stop by Wednesday from 12-8 for a signed copy. I'll also have copies of Teuton Vol.3 for sale and will be doing sketches.

For more super awesome details on Wednesdays even, jump over to Big Sexy Comics.

This marks the second commissioned cover I've done for the awesome people at Stadium Comics and Aspen; the first being Bubble Gun #1. While I took my time for that cover and got it just the way I liked it, this latest was very last minute and I was left feeling like it could've gone in different directions.

I received the offer from Stadium to draw their Iris variant while I was buying gear a day before I left to the badlands of Montana for a fossil dig. They needed a fully finished piece urgently and I had a very small window in which to complete it.

Working quickly, I was left with two versions I liked equally. Well, one perhaps more than the other. Ultimately I let Stadium decide which they preferred. I think they made the right choice. Still, one serves to make the other more interesting I think. So have a look at the road not taken...



No comments:

Post a Comment