Wednesday, September 5, 2012

News and Events

Teuton Review

Recently Teuton Volumes 1 & 2 were reviewed together over at ComicAttack.net. The review is largely positive, although I'd still totally post about it if it were negative.

Sometimes I think a negative review would make for good reading. I give myself negative reviews all the time. Perhaps it would be nice to read something that validates my self deprecating. Or maybe not.

That's not to suggest there's an overwhelming number of glowing reviews of my work. Just the fact that a handful exist blows me away. Big thanks to Mike at Comic Attack for taking the time and finding some enjoyment in our books.

Teuton Reprint

We're out of Teuton Volume One. There may be a couple copies kicking around the odd comic shop in Mississauga, but our official stance at Big Sexy Comics is that the first printing is all gone.

This posed as a potential problem when launching Volume Two at Fan Expo, since so many people would be unfamiliar with the property and unlikely to buy the second installment of something they haven't read. So we Fred made a downloadable PDF of V.1 available to anyone who bought a copy of V.2.

I'm still receiving e-mails from folks looking to pick up a copy of either book. While I'm gradually contacting shops about carrying V.2, you can still order both books from Indy Planet, or you can download the PDF of V.1 at this link: http://db.tt/HE82tiyT

In the meantime, we're working on a reprint of V.1, complete with a new cover and 15 brand new pages by Yours Truly. That'll be out in November.

Toronto Thumbs

During the course of Fan Expo I spoke briefly with Toronto Thumbs on the subject of board games. I had little to say about the matter, truth be told, and was put to further shame when my compadre, Fred, went to town with his own memories of board games.

You can read the exchange of words at their site: http://www.torontothumbs.com/2012/09/03/fan-expo-2012-comics-and-board-games/

I played it off like I was too cool for school, but those that know me are highly aware that's not the case. All the people I admire either play board games or used to, and I've never had enough friends to play something like that. Boo-hoo.

Holmes Inc. #3 Launch Party

The Comic Book Lounge & Gallery is hosting a release party for Holmes Inc. #3 this Friday, September 7th. The event starts @ 7pm, so stop by and hang with all the creators and many other fantastic folks from the Toronto comic scene.

I was honoured to draw the cover for issue three and I'll be happy to be in attendance with all them fine folks. Join me there: http://www.facebook.com/events/478946852123019/

Batman #0 @ Stadium Comics

Wednesday, September 12th I'll be appearing at Stadium Comics in Brampton for their kick-ass Batman event. DC Comics is releasing #0 issues all month long, and from what I understand Batman #0 will be the publisher's first blank sketch cover. It's a gimmick Marvel has done for a while now, but this means you can have me draw Batman on your Batman.

No, you're not reading this while taking LSD. This is can be your reality and all you need to do is come visit me at Stadium Comics on Wednesday, Sept. 12th!

My Batman prints will be on sale as well, and I'll be doing sketches and commissions and that old bit. So be there: http://www.stadiumcomics.com/2012/09/03/batman-0-blank-cover-release-party-september-12-2012/



No comments:

Post a Comment